Grants Available for Small Restaurants
Backing Historic Small Restaurants
The Backing Historic Small Restaurants program is presented by American Express in partnership with the National Trust for Historic Preservation to award $1 million to 25 historic and culturally significant restaurants in the United States. Preference will be given to businesses owned by underrepresented groups, including People of Color and women, disproportionately impacted by the pandemic. Grants and support for these historic small restaurants experiencing financial hardship due to the pandemic is intended to help support their recovery and sustain them for the future.
Grant Selection Criteria for Eligible U.S. Small Restaurants:
- Have experienced significant financial hardship due to the impacts of the pandemic.
- Have operated and contributed to the neighborhood's history and/or identity for at least 25 years.
- Be a small/independently owned restaurant located in a historic building and/or historic neighborhood.
- Preference will be given to businesses owned by underrepresented groups, including People of Color and women, disproportionately impacted by the pandemic.
- Priority will be given to small restaurants who have not already received significant COVID-19 related aid.
For more information on the program visit Backing Historic Small Restaurants.
For answers to frequently asked questions visit Backing Historic Small Restaurants FAQ.
For technical assistance with the application form, please visit https://www.submittable.com/help/submitter/
For any other questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org