City Updates for Hurricane Florence
The City of Darlington offices will be closed Thursday and Friday, Sept. 13-14.
The garbage and debris trucks will make one last pass of the entire City today until 11:30 a.m. The County landfill closes at noon today.
Citizens are advised to stay off the roads during the storm and its aftermath to allow first responders and clean-up crews to evaluate the roads for safety. Do NOT venture out if you don't have to do so.
During the storm as long as sustained winds are 40 mph or higher, first responders will only venture out for life-threatening situations. Downed trees and similar calls will be answered once winds go below 40 mph for everyone's safety.
- Williamson Park and Williamson Park Drive will be closed until further notice.
- Recreation events for Saturday have been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The residential garbage route for Thursday will run on Wednesday due to Hurricane Florence. Please spread the word. No garbage will be collected on Thursday.
- There will be no recycling collection Sept. 10-15. Recycling will resume Tuesday, Sept. 18, as scheduled.
- Debris collection will be prioritized to clear roads and bridges before returning to regular routes based on damage assessments following the storm.
- Emergency Water/Sewer: 843-758-1127
- Natural Gas Issues: SCE&G: 800-251-7234
- Downed Power Lines and Power Outages - Duke Energy 800-419-6356
- Life-threatening Situations: 9-1-1
- Medical Emergencies: 9-1-1
- Fire: 9-1-1
- Blocked Roads or Downed Trees: 843-758-1127
Residents also can report issues online at www.DarlingtonSConline.com/complaints.php or by downloading the SeeClickFix app on any mobile device.