DDRA Flower Icon

Weekend Weather Brief

The rain amounts received over the last week have left Black Creek pretty high. The anticipated precipitation amounts for this weekend will allow Black Creek to maintain this high level. At this time, there is not any flooding in the forecast. Darlington County Emergency Services will continue to monitor local waterways for any changes.

Weekend summary:

  • Temperature highs will be in the 50s
  • Temperature lows will be in the 30's
  • There will be a chance (20%) of rain on Saturday and a greater chance on Sunday (80%).
  • We are monitoring the local river gauges for downstream flooding impacts from recent rain and in anticipation of this weekend's rain.

There is increasing confidence for a coastal low affecting the area Sunday through Tuesday.

High pressure will keep conditions dry today into Saturday with cloud cover increasing Saturday into Sunday as a coastal low pressure system develops.  Confidence is increasing to the development of a strong coastal low system that will bring wet and windy weather across the Carolinas Sunday through Tuesday.  Moderate to heavy rainfall is expected, as well as rough surf, minor beach erosion, minor coastal flooding, and rough seas

It is still too soon to have a high confidence in the forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday, but both days look to be in the mid 60's and clear skies.

County offices will be closed Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Darlington County Emergency Services
1625 Harry Byrd Highway
Darlington, South Carolina 29532
Office (843) 398-4450